LVIV COFFEE FESTIVAL

September 2016

22.09-25.09.2016

Lviv has always been famous as the city of coffee. Back in 1683, Franz-Yuri Kulchytsky from Halychyna founded the first coffee house in Vienna – "Hof zur Blauen Flasche" – which was also one of the first coffee houses in Europe. Be it because of the fact that Yuri Kulchytsky was born near Lviv, or because of the coffee tradition quickly finding its way to Lviv and taking deep roots here, but since that time the fame of the coffee capital of Halychyna has been Lviv's for all the times to come.

The city festival of coffee has been promoting the coffee culture of Lviv since 2007. During the festival, everyone can take a tour through the coffee houses of Lviv that participate in the contest and taste the special "festival" coffee. On this day, all participating establishments prepare coffee of exclusive grades and by exclusive recipes to create a true celebration in honour of the world's favourite drink. Bathed in the aroma of coffee, you can taste the drinks and enjoy the conversations that are integral attributes of the coffee culture.

There are other pleasantries accompanying the celebration, as well – such as the coffee and coffeeware fair, presentations of coffee history and traditions, retro-style music, and a jazz concert.

Details - www.coffeefest.lviv.ua

FB: www.facebook.com/LvivCityCoffeefest


Event Calendar
Previous year   Previous month August 2017 Next month   Next year
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Today: 2017-08-22
March 2016
April 2016
The V Festival of Pysanka (Easter eggs) in Lviv
May 2016
“Flugery L’vova” (“Weather-Vanes of Lviv”) – the 11th International Jazz Festival
The 6th “Wiz-Art” International festival
June 2016
Alfa Jazz Fest 2016
September 2016
Lviv Fashion Week
December 2017
Lviv Christmas Fair


1707
Russian Tsar Peter I visited Lviv
1782
famous Baczewski liqueur factory was founded in Lviv suburb Znesinnya (Zniesienie)
1590
Renaissance style Chapel of Three Prelates was erected by Paolo Dominici Romanus and Andriy Pidlisnyy
1897
In Hausmann Passage, 8 in the Appel's Photo-atelier for the first time in Lviv "moving pictures" were shown
1550
Prince Konstyantyn Ostrozkyy founded stone church and Basilian Monastery of Saint Onuphrius
1928
civil airport in Sknyliv was built
---