The 1st monument in Ukraine
The first monument dedicated to the Polish Hetman (chieftain), Stanislav Yablonski, was erected in Lviv at the beginning of the XVIII century.
Yablonski defended Lviv during the last Tatar attack in 1695.
The monument was relocated close to the present-day National Museum on Prospekt Svobody in the middle of the XIX century. Then, people started calling this street Valamy Hetmanskymy (Ramparts of the Chieftains). In the 1930ies, the monument was again relocated in the Jesuit Roman Catholic Church on Trybunalska Square. It disappeared in 1944, when the Red Army invaded Lviv.
Read other interesting issues about Lviv
The V Festival of Pysanka (Easter eggs) in Lviv
“Flugery L’vova” (“Weather-Vanes of Lviv”) – the 11th International Jazz Festival
The 6th “Wiz-Art” International festival
Alfa Jazz Fest 2016
Lviv Fashion Week
Lviv Christmas Fair
first Lviv "skyscraper" was built om Mickiewicza Square
Defensive city towers were built
in the Pillers typography the first Lviv regular newspaper appeared - "Gazette de Leopol"
Lviv Protestant community was allowed to have its services in Saint Ursula Church
Jesuit Academy was founded (a prototype of Lviv University)
Barefoot Carmelites Church of Saint Michael Archangel was built