The 1st park in Ukraine
The oldest park of Ukraine was created in the second half of the XVI century – the Jesuit Park, now called Ivan Franko Park.
Four hundred years ago, municipal fields stretched across this area; some time later, this land fell into private hands. At the end of the XVI century, a wealthy Lviv citizen called Jan Scholz – Wolfowich spent 1,600 gold pieces to lay out plans for this park. Some time later, he gave his daughter’s hand in marriage to Antonio Massari, the Italian Consul of the Venetian Republic in Lviv, and the ownership of the park was transferred to his son-in-law. Massari re-arranged the park according to the popular Italian style. In 1855, the park was returned to the city, and thus became one of the oldest municipal parks in Eastern Europe.
Read other interesting issues about Lviv
The V Festival of Pysanka (Easter eggs) in Lviv
“Flugery L’vova” (“Weather-Vanes of Lviv”) – the 11th International Jazz Festival
The 6th “Wiz-Art” International festival
Alfa Jazz Fest 2016
Lviv Fashion Week
Lviv Christmas Fair
German community of Lviv started building Church of the Immaculate Conception of Saint Mary of the Snows
Lviv downtown was built
first Lviv cake and cookie shop was opened in Andreolli passage
Ivan Fedorov printed in Lviv first Ukrainian books - "Apostle" and "Bukvar" (Primer)
Stavropegial Brotherhood was founded under Dormition Church
Saint Paraskeva Church witht the defense tower was built