The 1st municipal theatre in Ukraine
The first permanent municipal theater was founded in Lviv in 1776.
The first professional theater was officially opened in 1776. The German theater company was managed by Franz Gettersdorf, and included actors and singers, a small choir, and an orchestra. The Company staged all kinds of theatrical genres: operas, operettas, comedies, pantomimes, and ballets. The actors took possession of a reconstructed theater, which had formerly been a Roman Catholic Church belonging to the Franciscan Monastery, and had been abolished by a decree issued by Kaiser Joseph II. It was situated in Teatralna Street not far from the present-day Secondary School No. 62. The creative center of theatrical life remained in this building until 1843, when the Skarbivsky Theater was built. It is now known as the Maria Zankovetska Theater.
Read other interesting issues about Lviv
The V Festival of Pysanka (Easter eggs) in Lviv
“Flugery L’vova” (“Weather-Vanes of Lviv”) – the 11th International Jazz Festival
The 6th “Wiz-Art” International festival
Alfa Jazz Fest 2016
Lviv Fashion Week
Lviv Christmas Fair
Church museum was organized in Lviv
the ensamble of Lviv historic center was included to UNESCO World Heritage List
Saint George Cathedral was erected at the expense of Afanasiy and Leo Sheptyckyy
merchant Roberto Bandinelli received Royal Privilege to deliver mail from Lviv to European cities
first 11 "Peugeot" micro busses started to transport pasanger - the era of "marshruka" (micro busses) began
Young Eagles Cemetary was inaugurated